- 1 How far is downtown Nassau from cruise port?
- 2 Does the Bahamas have a zoo?
- 3 What is there to do in Nassau without excursion?
- 4 How far is the beach from the cruise port in Nassau?
- 5 What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
- 6 What is the best shore excursion in Nassau Bahamas?
- 7 Can you go to Atlantis without paying?
- 8 What is the prettiest beach in the Bahamas?
- 9 What is there to do at Nassau cruise port?
- 10 Can you walk from Nassau to Paradise Island?
How far is downtown Nassau from cruise port?
Make sure you’ve packed all your cruise port accessories for your visit. Your ship will dock at Prince George Wharf which is very large and able to accommodate 7 vessels at once. This cruise terminal is conveniently located near the heart of Nassau and it’s just a 10-minute walk to get to downtown Nassau.
Does the Bahamas have a zoo?
The Animals The Zoo at Ardastra features a wide variety of exotic and native wildlife. The animals range from African servals to Bahamian hutias. Like humans, our animals have interesting personalities and stories – especially our rescue animals that arrived injured and/or orphaned but now call Ardastra home.
What is there to do in Nassau without excursion?
8 Free (or Cheap) Cruise Shore Excursions in Nassau, Bahamas
- Junkanoo Beach. As one of the few free beaches in Nassau that’s close to the cruise port, Junkanoo Beach can get crowded.
- Nassau Straw Market.
- Spray Fountains Outside Straw Market.
- Queen’s Staircase.
- Fort Fincastle.
- The Pirates of Nassau Museum.
- Ardastra Gardens and Zoo.
How far is the beach from the cruise port in Nassau?
Cable Beach is located on the main-land (Providence Island) roughly six miles west of Nassau Cruise Port. From your terminal (Prince George’s Wharf) you can hop in a taxi and get there in 20 minutes.
What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
Eight rookie mistakes to avoid in the Bahamas
- TRAVELLING DURING HURRICANE SEASON IN THE BAHAMAS.
- RIDING IN UNMARKED TAXIS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- TAKING A CRUISE TO THE BAHAMAS.
- STICKING TO THE ATLANTIS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- EXPECTING PUNCTUALITY ON THE ISLAND.
- TRANSACTING WITH BEACH VENDORS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- WANDERING ALONE AT NIGHT IN THE BAHAMAS.
- SKIPPING THE GROCERY STORE.
What is the best shore excursion in Nassau Bahamas?
Find Things to Do in Nassau on Viator
- Atlantis Resort.
- Blue Lagoon Island Beach.
- Blue Lagoon Dolphin Swim.
- Balmoral Island & Sting Ray Experience.
- Ardastra Gardens.
- Glass Bottom Boat.
- Resort Day Pass.
Can you go to Atlantis without paying?
True to the marine feel of the hotel, Atlantis Paradise Island ( atlantis.com) is home to not just one water slide, but an entire water park. Access is free for hotel guests, and open to the public for a fee.
What is the prettiest beach in the Bahamas?
Gold Rock Beach, Grand Bahama The signature stretch of sand on on gorgeous Grand Bahama, this “welcome mat” of the island is one of the most beautiful beaches in all of the wider Caribbean, set on the edge of the Lucayan National Park.
What is there to do at Nassau cruise port?
The 12 Best Things to Do in Nassau on a Cruise
- #1 Visit the Atlantis Resort.
- #2 Trip to Rose Island.
- #3 See the Queen’s Staircase.
- #4 Junkanoo Beach.
- #5 Señor Frog’s.
- #6 Mini Sub Tour.
- #7 Snorkeling Tour.
- #8 Excursion to Pearl Island.
Can you walk from Nassau to Paradise Island?
Most visitors walk around Paradise Island’s most densely developed sections and hire a taxi for the occasional longer haul. The most popular way to reach nearby Nassau is to walk across the toll bridge. There is no charge for pedestrians.