- 1 When did the Grateful Dead play at Nassau Coliseum?
- 2 What years did the Grateful Dead tour?
- 3 When did the Grateful Dead become popular?
- 4 What is the best Grateful Dead concert?
- 5 How many times did the Grateful Dead play at the Nassau Coliseum?
- 6 How many times did Branford Marsalis play with the Grateful Dead?
- 7 How much is Grateful Dead worth?
- 8 Is Grateful Dead Good?
- 9 What is the Grateful Dead family?
- 10 What is the most played Grateful Dead song?
- 11 Why did Grateful Dead break up?
- 12 Are any of the Grateful Dead still alive?
- 13 What were the best years for the Grateful Dead?
- 14 Are the Grateful Dead in the Hall of Fame?
- 15 How long is a Grateful Dead concert?
When did the Grateful Dead play at Nassau Coliseum?
The Grateful Dead End Their First Nassau Run: March 19, 1973. 48 years ago today, The Grateful Dead wrapped up their first ever run at Nassau Coliseum. The venerable Long Island venue was almost completely new at the time, having only opened in February of 1972.
What years did the Grateful Dead tour?
The Dead toured the United States in 2003, 2004 and 2009. The band’s lineups included Jimmy Herring and Warren Haynes on guitar, Jeff Chimenti and Rob Barraco on keyboards, and Joan Osborne on vocals. In 2008, members of the Dead played two concerts, called “Deadheads for Obama” and “Change Rocks”.
When did the Grateful Dead become popular?
Grateful Dead, byname the Dead, American rock band that was the incarnation of the improvisational psychedelic music that flowered in and around San Francisco in the mid-1960s. Grateful Dead was one of the most successful touring bands in rock history despite having had virtually no radio hits.
What is the best Grateful Dead concert?
- Winterland, San Francisco. March 18th, 1967.
- Dance Hall, Rio Nido, California. September 3rd, 1967.
- Carousel Ballroom, San Francisco. February 14th, 1968.
- Harpur College, Binghamton, New York.
- Civic Center, Philadelphia.
- Great American Music Hall, San Francisco.
- Beacon Theatre, New York.
- Madison Square Garden, New York.
How many times did the Grateful Dead play at the Nassau Coliseum?
The Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum, also known simply as the Nassau Coliseum, was one of those hotspots for the Grateful Dead throughout their 30-year long, strange trip. The Long Island venue played host to 42 Dead shows between 1973-1994.
How many times did Branford Marsalis play with the Grateful Dead?
What about Branford Marsalis ‘ other collaborations with the Grateful Dead? Branford Marsalis played a total of five shows as a guest artist with the Grateful Dead, and on every occasion, his appearance generated one of the top shows of that year.
How much is Grateful Dead worth?
Therefore, by our estimates, the Grateful Dead gave up approximately $146 Million per night by not selling their tickets at market value. To put that number in perspective, Celebrity Net Worth estimates that Grateful Dead band member Bob Weir is worth only $30 Million.
Is Grateful Dead Good?
The Grateful Dead played a series of concerts at the pyramids of Giza in Egypt. One of the reasons the Grateful Dead was so popular live is because the band just sounded so much better than any other live band. The Grateful Dead were arguably the most important, and most successful live band ever.
What is the Grateful Dead family?
In the drug lore surrounding LSD, there exists an esoteric “hippie mafia ” called the Grateful Dead Family. A group of initiated Deadheads, fans of the band who sell high quality LSD at jamband concerts.
What is the most played Grateful Dead song?
Top 10 Grateful Dead Songs
- ” Sugar Magnolia ”
- “Fire on the Mountain”
- “Ripple” From: ‘American Beauty’ (1970)
- ” Uncle John’s Band ” From: ‘Workingman’s Dead’ (1970)
- “Friend of the Devil” From: ‘American Beauty’ (1970)
- “Touch of Grey” From: ‘In the Dark’ (1987)
- ” Truckin’ ” From: ‘American Beauty’ (1970)
- “Casey Jones” From: ‘Workingman’s Dead’ (1970)
Why did Grateful Dead break up?
The jam band scene as the world knows it today might not exist without the Grateful Dead. Sadly, the Grateful Dead ultimately broke up in 1995, but it was not because they wanted to stop making music and touring together.
Are any of the Grateful Dead still alive?
The surviving members of the stalwart classic-rock band — Mickey Hart, Phil Lesh, Bill Kreutzmann and Bob Weir — have booked their final concerts together at Chicago’s Soldier Field on July 3, 4 and 5.
What were the best years for the Grateful Dead?
1968-1977. These are the years when they constantly experimented with their sound, wrote new material, and played on point practically every show. Before ’68 it’s a little too raw for me – not mature yet. After ’77 there were still some good performances but Jerry’s health started to dive due to drug abuse.
Are the Grateful Dead in the Hall of Fame?
The Grateful Dead frontman didn’t show up at his induction, reportedly because he was opposed to the whole idea of a Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. The rest of the Dead disagreed, and they brought a cardboard cut-out of the singer onstage. The 1994 ceremony was full of no-shows.
How long is a Grateful Dead concert?
The Grateful Dead played a total of 2,318 concerts. Though each Grateful Dead concert was different, the average length of time for a Grateful Dead concert was 3 hours. Calculate approximately how many hours the Grateful Dead played in all.