When was Meadowbrook Hospital built?
What began in 1935 as Meadowbrook Hospital — a 200-bed general hospital in then-rural East Meadow, New York — has become part of a unique health organization with multiple centers of care, and a commitment to deliver excellent essential care to everyone, at every stage of life.
How many hospitals are in Nassau County?
LI has 23 hospitals — 11 in Nassau County and 12 in Suffolk County — serving a combined population of 2.8 million. By comparison, New York City has 214 hospitals serving 8.6 million residents.
Is Numc part of Northwell?
In addition to its own extensive medical and surgical capabilities, NUMC is affiliated with the Northwell Health System.
How old is Numc?
The 19 story, 631 bed Level I Trauma Center is located at 2201 Hempstead Turnpike, East Meadow, NY.
|Nassau University Medical Center|
Is there a hospital on Long Island Bahamas?
Traveling to the Out Islands of The Bahamas comes with its risks, namely there are no hospitals and if serious injury occurs, you may be looking at an airlift evacuation. Clinics are available within most reasonably sized settlements.
What are the public hospitals on Long Island?
Public Hospitals in Long Island, NY
- ProHEALTH Pediatric & Adolescent Medicine.
- Brookhaven Hemodialysis Center.
- DNG Placement Services, Inc.
- Thrive Medical of Sayville.
- Thrive Medical of Smithtown.
- North Shore Psychiatric Consultants.
- ProHEALTH Smith Haven Pediatrics.
- Brookhaven Memorial Hospital Medical Center.
What hospitals are in Nassau County?
The Best 10 Hospitals in Nassau County, NY
- Emergency Department at NYU Winthrop Hospital. 2.5 mi. 114 reviews.
- Syosset Hospital. 6.2 mi. 42 reviews.
- St. Francis Hospital. 5.3 mi.
- North Shore University Hospital. 5.7 mi. 183 reviews.
- Long Island Jewish Medical Center. 5.8 mi. 144 reviews.
- South Nassau Hospital. 6.9 mi.
- Plainview Hospital. 6.4 mi.
- Mount Sinai South Nassau. 7.1 mi.