- 1 What is there to do at Nassau cruise port?
- 2 Can you walk from Nassau cruise port to Atlantis?
- 3 What can you do in Nassau for free?
- 4 Is Nassau a good port?
- 5 What are the most dangerous cruise ports?
- 6 Can you visit Atlantis for free?
- 7 How much is a taxi from Nassau cruise port to Atlantis?
- 8 How far is the beach from the cruise port in Nassau?
- 9 Is there a free beach in Nassau?
- 10 What is the best shore excursion in Nassau Bahamas?
- 11 Can you walk around Nassau Bahamas?
- 12 What is the best beach to go to in Nassau Bahamas?
- 13 How can I spend a day in Nassau Bahamas?
- 14 Are the Bahamas open to tourists?
- 15 How far is the straw market from the port in Nassau?
What is there to do at Nassau cruise port?
The 12 Best Things to Do in Nassau on a Cruise
- #1 Visit the Atlantis Resort.
- #2 Trip to Rose Island.
- #3 See the Queen’s Staircase.
- #4 Junkanoo Beach.
- #5 Señor Frog’s.
- #6 Mini Sub Tour.
- #7 Snorkeling Tour.
- #8 Excursion to Pearl Island.
Can you walk from Nassau cruise port to Atlantis?
Cruise passengers docking at Nassau can fit a visit to Atlantis into their day’s schedule with no difficulty, as the resort is only 2 miles by road from the cruise port at Prince George Wharf. A bridge connecting Paradise Island to Nassau is open to cars and pedestrians, and water taxis run between the two locales.
What can you do in Nassau for free?
8 Free (or Cheap) Cruise Shore Excursions in Nassau, Bahamas
- Junkanoo Beach. As one of the few free beaches in Nassau that’s close to the cruise port, Junkanoo Beach can get crowded.
- Nassau Straw Market.
- Spray Fountains Outside Straw Market.
- Queen’s Staircase.
- Fort Fincastle.
- The Pirates of Nassau Museum.
- Ardastra Gardens and Zoo.
Is Nassau a good port?
Nassau is a surprisingly diverse port. Beach lovers and travelers who enjoy water sports, diving or snorkeling will find a wide variety of excursions and activities to suit their tastes. Nassau is also filled with historic sites and shopping opportunities.
What are the most dangerous cruise ports?
10 Of The Most Dangerous Cruise Ports To Avoid (10 Tourist Favorites)
- 8 Jakarta, Indonesia.
- 7 Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- 6 Tunis, Tunisha.
- 5 Margarita Island, Venezuela.
- 4 Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
- 3 Port Harcourt, Nigeria.
- 2 Izmit, Turkey.
- 1 Aden, Yemen.
Can you visit Atlantis for free?
True to the marine feel of the hotel, Atlantis Paradise Island ( atlantis.com) is home to not just one water slide, but an entire water park. Access is free for hotel guests, and open to the public for a fee.
How much is a taxi from Nassau cruise port to Atlantis?
If you’re running late, you can always catch a taxi back to the port. It’ll run about $8-$10 for the ride but traffic at rush hour in downtown Nassau can come to a stand-still.
How far is the beach from the cruise port in Nassau?
Cable Beach is located on the main-land (Providence Island) roughly six miles west of Nassau Cruise Port. From your terminal (Prince George’s Wharf) you can hop in a taxi and get there in 20 minutes.
Is there a free beach in Nassau?
Cable Beach There’s a reason the resorts are there: Cable Beach is a breathtaking beach paradise and a great place to unwind and relax. Cable Beach is public beach, so you can access its 2.5 miles of white sand wonder free of charge.
What is the best shore excursion in Nassau Bahamas?
Find Things to Do in Nassau on Viator
- Atlantis Resort.
- Blue Lagoon Island Beach.
- Blue Lagoon Dolphin Swim.
- Balmoral Island & Sting Ray Experience.
- Ardastra Gardens.
- Glass Bottom Boat.
- Resort Day Pass.
Can you walk around Nassau Bahamas?
Nassau is compact and easy to see in a day, which is quite convenient considering many visitors (coming off cruise ships) only have that long to see it.
What is the best beach to go to in Nassau Bahamas?
The 8 Best Beaches in Nassau, Bahamas
- Blue Lagoon.
- Balmoral Island Beach.
- Cabbage Beach.
- Cable Beach.
- Saunders Beach.
- Love Beach.
- Coral Harbour Beach.
How can I spend a day in Nassau Bahamas?
One- Day Itinerary to Nassau: 10 things to do in the capital of the Bahamas
- Visit Festival Place. Prince George Wharf.
- Admire Parliament Square. E Bay Street.
- Shop on Bay Street.
- Try rum cake.
- Buy local handmade crafts at Straw Market.
- See Fort Fincastle.
- Go up and down the Queen’s Staircase.
- Discover the huge Atlantis Resort.
Are the Bahamas open to tourists?
Is the Bahamas open for travel? Yes: The Bahamas is open for travel and visitors can move about the country freely as long as they comply with all necessary testing requirements and follow government mandated face masks requirements and social-distancing efforts.
How far is the straw market from the port in Nassau?
Nassau is a big port famous for Bay Street Shopping and the Straw Market. The Straw Market is a short 5-10 min from the ship depending on how far away your ship is docked.