- 1 What is the best time of year to go to the Bahamas?
- 2 What is the water temperature in Nassau Bahamas right now?
- 3 When should you not go to the Bahamas?
- 4 What is the hottest month in the Bahamas?
- 5 What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
- 6 Can you swim in the Bahamas in January?
- 7 What is the coldest month in the Bahamas?
- 8 How warm is the water in Bahamas?
- 9 How warm is the water in Hawaii right now?
- 10 How safe is Nassau Bahamas?
- 11 What is the cheapest month to go to Bahamas?
- 12 What celebrities have homes in the Bahamas?
- 13 How much money should I take to the Bahamas?
- 14 Does it get cold at night in Bahamas?
- 15 What is the rainy season in Bahamas?
What is the best time of year to go to the Bahamas?
The best time to visit the Bahamas is from mid-December to mid-April, the country’s peak season. Though temperatures here are great year -round (they rarely dip below 60 degrees), the islands fall within the hurricane belt, so hurricanes may be a factor between June 1 and Nov. 30 (the Atlantic hurricane season ).
What is the water temperature in Nassau Bahamas right now?
Water temperature in Nassau right now Today water temperature in Nassau is 80.7° F.
When should you not go to the Bahamas?
Hurricane season, from June 1 until Nov. 30, is a time many travelers avoid the Bahamas. Like in the United States, the months of August, September and October present the highest risk for hurricane activity.
What is the hottest month in the Bahamas?
The warmest month (with the highest average high temperature) is August (32.1°C). The month with the lowest average high temperature is January (25.6°C). The month with the highest average low temperature is July (24.7°C).
What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
Eight rookie mistakes to avoid in the Bahamas
- TRAVELLING DURING HURRICANE SEASON IN THE BAHAMAS.
- RIDING IN UNMARKED TAXIS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- TAKING A CRUISE TO THE BAHAMAS.
- STICKING TO THE ATLANTIS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- EXPECTING PUNCTUALITY ON THE ISLAND.
- TRANSACTING WITH BEACH VENDORS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- WANDERING ALONE AT NIGHT IN THE BAHAMAS.
- SKIPPING THE GROCERY STORE.
Can you swim in the Bahamas in January?
The temperature in January and February in the waters around the Bahamas is approximately 72 to 77 degrees Fahrenheit, while the temperature in the air is usually between 70 and 80 degrees. This is well within the range at which people are comfortable swimming.
What is the coldest month in the Bahamas?
Here too, from December to March there may be short cool periods, sometimes a bit cold. The temperature dropped to 7 °C (44.5 °F) in January 1977, to 6 °C (43 °F) in January 1981, to 7 °C (44.5 °F) in February 1996, and to 9 °C (48 °F) in January 2010. Nassau.
How warm is the water in Bahamas?
Sea water temperature throughout Bahamas warms above 68°F and it is enough for a comfortable bath. The warmest sea temperature in Bahamas today is 84.2°F (in Andros Island), and the coldest water temperature is 78.8°F (Elbow Cay).
How warm is the water in Hawaii right now?
As a general rule, Hawaiian waters average 77 degrees in the wintertime to 82 degrees in the summertime. Now, compared to the U.S. West Coast, Hawaiian waters are definitely much warmer ( 10-20 degrees warmer) than the waters off Southern California.
How safe is Nassau Bahamas?
Country Summary: The vast majority of crime occurs on New Providence ( Nassau ) and Grand Bahama (Freeport) islands. In Nassau, exercise caution in the “Over the Hill” area (south of Shirley Street). Violent crime, such as burglaries, armed robberies, and sexual assault occur, but generally not in tourist areas.
What is the cheapest month to go to Bahamas?
High season is considered to be November and December. The cheapest month to fly to The Bahamas is August.
What celebrities have homes in the Bahamas?
Celebrities and billionaires
- Nicolas Cage – owns estate residence on Paradise Island and a private island in the Exuma chains.
- Mariah Carey – owns a house on Windermere, a private island connected to Eleuthera, where she married Nick Cannon in 2008.
- Sean “Diddy” Combs.
How much money should I take to the Bahamas?
How much money will you need for your trip to the Bahamas? You should plan to spend around BS$159 ($161) per day on your vacation in the Bahamas, which is the average daily price based on the expenses of other visitors.
Does it get cold at night in Bahamas?
Of course, temperatures vary by location of each island and also a Caribbean resort’s location on its island. September to May is the most popular time for visitors to go to the Out Islands of The Bahamas when temperatures average from 70 to 75 degrees a day. Nighttime temperatures cool down by just 5 to 7 degrees.
What is the rainy season in Bahamas?
Best Time to Visit The Bahamas for Good Weather: The climate in The Bahamas is tropical, with a hot and rainy season from May to October and a cooler season from November to April.