- 1 How far is the beach from the cruise port in Nassau?
- 2 Can you walk to a beach in Nassau?
- 3 What is the best beach to go to in Nassau Bahamas?
- 4 What is near the port in Nassau Bahamas?
- 5 What is the prettiest beach in the Bahamas?
- 6 What can you do in Nassau for free?
- 7 Is there a free beach in Nassau?
- 8 How dangerous is Nassau Bahamas?
- 9 What is there to do in Nassau port?
- 10 What is the best shore excursion in Nassau Bahamas?
- 11 Which Is Better Cable Beach or Cabbage Beach?
- 12 Where is the best place to snorkel in Nassau Bahamas?
- 13 Can you walk around Nassau Bahamas?
- 14 How can I spend a day in Nassau Bahamas?
- 15 How far is the straw market from the port in Nassau?
How far is the beach from the cruise port in Nassau?
Cable Beach is located on the main-land (Providence Island) roughly six miles west of Nassau Cruise Port. From your terminal (Prince George’s Wharf) you can hop in a taxi and get there in 20 minutes.
Can you walk to a beach in Nassau?
It is found in Paradise Island Nassau, between the Atlantis hotel and the Paradise Island Resort. You can walk to this beach from downtown Nassau or take a taxi here.
What is the best beach to go to in Nassau Bahamas?
The 8 Best Beaches in Nassau, Bahamas
- Blue Lagoon.
- Balmoral Island Beach.
- Cabbage Beach.
- Cable Beach.
- Saunders Beach.
- Love Beach.
- Coral Harbour Beach.
What is near the port in Nassau Bahamas?
Balmoral Island, Pearl Island and Sandy Toes also offer private-island experiences near Nassau. Cruise travelers whose ships arrive early in Nassau may want to take the approximately one-hour drive to Stuart’s Cove, where they can experience snorkeling, diving and swimming with sharks.
What is the prettiest beach in the Bahamas?
Gold Rock Beach, Grand Bahama The signature stretch of sand on on gorgeous Grand Bahama, this “welcome mat” of the island is one of the most beautiful beaches in all of the wider Caribbean, set on the edge of the Lucayan National Park.
What can you do in Nassau for free?
8 Free (or Cheap) Cruise Shore Excursions in Nassau, Bahamas
- Junkanoo Beach. As one of the few free beaches in Nassau that’s close to the cruise port, Junkanoo Beach can get crowded.
- Nassau Straw Market.
- Spray Fountains Outside Straw Market.
- Queen’s Staircase.
- Fort Fincastle.
- The Pirates of Nassau Museum.
- Ardastra Gardens and Zoo.
Is there a free beach in Nassau?
Cable Beach There’s a reason the resorts are there: Cable Beach is a breathtaking beach paradise and a great place to unwind and relax. Cable Beach is public beach, so you can access its 2.5 miles of white sand wonder free of charge.
How dangerous is Nassau Bahamas?
Is the Bahamas Dangerous? While safety has improved in the Bahamas, there is still violent crime, mainly in Nassau and the island of Grand Bahama, which includes the city of Freeport. Armed robberies, burglaries, sexual assault, and other violent crimes take place, along with purse snatchings.
What is there to do in Nassau port?
26 Things to Do in Nassau, Bahamas While On a Cruise
- Explore Downtown. It’s always a good idea to set aside some little time to explore a port of call.
- Walk Queen’s Staircase.
- Tour Fort Fincastle.
- Visit the Historic Parliament Square.
- Pirate of Nassau Museum.
- Swim With Pigs.
- Public Library & Museum.
- Nassau Straw Market.
What is the best shore excursion in Nassau Bahamas?
Find Things to Do in Nassau on Viator
- Atlantis Resort.
- Blue Lagoon Island Beach.
- Blue Lagoon Dolphin Swim.
- Balmoral Island & Sting Ray Experience.
- Ardastra Gardens.
- Glass Bottom Boat.
- Resort Day Pass.
Which Is Better Cable Beach or Cabbage Beach?
In the winter months (or stormy months) Cabbage Beach can be closed down for dangerous water conditions and undertows. Cable Beach is generally calmer, so it’s a better bet when the waves are crashing. You can generally tell when you are coming into the harbour.
Where is the best place to snorkel in Nassau Bahamas?
If you’re planning on going snorkeling in Nassau, here are some of the best spots to dive in.
- Cable Beach. Cable Beach.
- Blue Lagoon. Blue Lagoon Island.
- Green Turtle Cay. Green Turtle Cay.
- Paradise Island Atlantis Resort.
- Pearl Island.
- Rose Island Reef.
- Andros Barrier Reef.
- Exuma Cays Land and Sea National Park.
Can you walk around Nassau Bahamas?
Nassau is compact and easy to see in a day, which is quite convenient considering many visitors (coming off cruise ships) only have that long to see it.
How can I spend a day in Nassau Bahamas?
One- Day Itinerary to Nassau: 10 things to do in the capital of the Bahamas
- Visit Festival Place. Prince George Wharf.
- Admire Parliament Square. E Bay Street.
- Shop on Bay Street.
- Try rum cake.
- Buy local handmade crafts at Straw Market.
- See Fort Fincastle.
- Go up and down the Queen’s Staircase.
- Discover the huge Atlantis Resort.
How far is the straw market from the port in Nassau?
Nassau is a big port famous for Bay Street Shopping and the Straw Market. The Straw Market is a short 5-10 min from the ship depending on how far away your ship is docked.