- 1 What is there to do in Nassau Bahamas on a cruise?
- 2 What is there to do in Nassau Bahamas for free?
- 3 Is it safe to walk around Nassau?
- 4 How can I spend a day in Nassau Bahamas?
- 5 What is the best shore excursion in Nassau Bahamas?
- 6 How much does it cost to go to Atlantis for the day?
- 7 Is food free on Coco Cay?
- 8 Can you just walk around Atlantis?
- 9 How can I go to the Bahamas on a budget?
- 10 What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
- 11 Why is Nassau dangerous?
- 12 What is the cheapest month to go to Bahamas?
- 13 Do cell phones work in Bahamas?
- 14 Is there a free beach in Nassau?
- 15 What is the best beach to go to in Nassau Bahamas?
What is there to do in Nassau Bahamas on a cruise?
Check out some of these activities to make the most of your cruise to The Bahamas.
- Take an Adventure.
- Take a Dive Trip.
- Catamaran Sail and Snorkel.
- Native Quest.
- Get Ready for Some Sightseeing.
- Pirates of Nassau Museum.
- Ardastra Gardens and City Tour.
- Climb the Queen’s Staircase.
What is there to do in Nassau Bahamas for free?
8 Free (or Cheap) Cruise Shore Excursions in Nassau, Bahamas
- Junkanoo Beach. As one of the few free beaches in Nassau that’s close to the cruise port, Junkanoo Beach can get crowded.
- Nassau Straw Market.
- Spray Fountains Outside Straw Market.
- Queen’s Staircase.
- Fort Fincastle.
- The Pirates of Nassau Museum.
- Ardastra Gardens and Zoo.
Is it safe to walk around Nassau?
Do not travel to The Bahamas due to COVID-19. Country Summary: The vast majority of crime occurs on New Providence ( Nassau ) and Grand Bahama (Freeport) islands. In Nassau, exercise caution in the “Over the Hill” area (south of Shirley Street).
How can I spend a day in Nassau Bahamas?
One- Day Itinerary to Nassau: 10 things to do in the capital of the Bahamas
- Visit Festival Place. Prince George Wharf.
- Admire Parliament Square. E Bay Street.
- Shop on Bay Street.
- Try rum cake.
- Buy local handmade crafts at Straw Market.
- See Fort Fincastle.
- Go up and down the Queen’s Staircase.
- Discover the huge Atlantis Resort.
What is the best shore excursion in Nassau Bahamas?
Find Things to Do in Nassau on Viator
- Atlantis Resort.
- Blue Lagoon Island Beach.
- Blue Lagoon Dolphin Swim.
- Balmoral Island & Sting Ray Experience.
- Ardastra Gardens.
- Glass Bottom Boat.
- Resort Day Pass.
How much does it cost to go to Atlantis for the day?
You can buy a day pass to Atlantis for you and your family at the Atlantis Adventures Tour Center, which is located outside The Coral and overlooking the Atlantis Marina, for $135 per person per day.
Is food free on Coco Cay?
Is food free on CocoCay? CocoCay has lots of free options for lunch and snacks. Skipper’s Grill and the Chill Grill are the main dining venues which are open from 11.30 am until 3 pm. Here you can enjoy a huge buffet of burgers, tacos, french fries, salads and more.
Can you just walk around Atlantis?
mjkacmom. You can walk around the casino (without kids). You can walk around the marina village.
How can I go to the Bahamas on a budget?
Budget Bahamas: 10 ways to keep it cheap in the Caribbean
- Meet the locals.
- Free tea.
- Sign up for a food tour.
- Visit a museum.
- Choose your accommodation carefully.
- Visit a fort.
- Drink rum.
- Travel during off-season.
What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
Eight rookie mistakes to avoid in the Bahamas
- TRAVELLING DURING HURRICANE SEASON IN THE BAHAMAS.
- RIDING IN UNMARKED TAXIS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- TAKING A CRUISE TO THE BAHAMAS.
- STICKING TO THE ATLANTIS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- EXPECTING PUNCTUALITY ON THE ISLAND.
- TRANSACTING WITH BEACH VENDORS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- WANDERING ALONE AT NIGHT IN THE BAHAMAS.
- SKIPPING THE GROCERY STORE.
Why is Nassau dangerous?
MUGGING RISK: HIGH. Violent crime is extremely common in Nassau. The country is ridden with violent crime, and armed robberies, kidnappings, and murders are extremely common, usually not affecting tourists though violence towards foreigners has been on an increase during the past couple of years.
What is the cheapest month to go to Bahamas?
High season is considered to be November and December. The cheapest month to fly to The Bahamas is August.
Do cell phones work in Bahamas?
Many US and Canadian carriers have roaming agreements with Batelco, the GSM cellular operator in the Bahamas. Therefore, while most phones will work, the rates are approximately $3.00 per minute plus tax for all in and out calls. USA calling Cards such as Sam’s Club and AT&T do not work in the Bahamas.
Is there a free beach in Nassau?
Cable Beach There’s a reason the resorts are there: Cable Beach is a breathtaking beach paradise and a great place to unwind and relax. Cable Beach is public beach, so you can access its 2.5 miles of white sand wonder free of charge.
What is the best beach to go to in Nassau Bahamas?
The 8 Best Beaches in Nassau, Bahamas
- Blue Lagoon.
- Balmoral Island Beach.
- Cabbage Beach.
- Cable Beach.
- Saunders Beach.
- Love Beach.
- Coral Harbour Beach.