- 1 Is calling the Bahamas from the US an international call?
- 2 What is the country code for Nassau Bahamas?
- 3 What is the country code for 011?
- 4 Will my US cell phone work in the Bahamas?
- 5 Is Bahamas part of USA?
- 6 Is Bahamas a long distance call?
- 7 How can I call Bahamas for free?
- 8 Where is Bahamas located?
- 9 Which country code is 00242?
- 10 How do you call a US mobile from the Bahamas?
- 11 What does 011 before a phone number mean?
- 12 How do I find the country code for a phone number?
- 13 What country code is 86?
Is calling the Bahamas from the US an international call?
Since the Bahamas are part of the NANP, or North American Numbering Plan, you don’t have to dial the US exit code, 011. Dial 1, the Bahamas country code. Next dial 242, the Bahamas area code. Then dial the 7-digit phone number.
What is the country code for Nassau Bahamas?
The country code for The Bahamas is: “1” The Numbering Plan Area (NPA) Code for The Bahamas is: ” 242 “. This code is commonly referred to as the area code. International long distance calls terminating outside of the NANP are dialled using the format required by the terminating country.
What is the country code for 011?
Country Dialing Code List
Will my US cell phone work in the Bahamas?
Many US and Canadian carriers have roaming agreements with Batelco, the GSM cellular operator in the Bahamas. Therefore, while most phones will work, the rates are approximately $3.00 per minute plus tax for all in and out calls. USA calling Cards such as Sam’s Club and AT&T do not work in the Bahamas.
Is Bahamas part of USA?
Formerly a British colony, The Bahamas became an independent country within the Commonwealth in 1973.
Is Bahamas a long distance call?
Though some of the Out Islands are still difficult to reach by telephone, direct long – distance dialing is available between North America and Nassau (New Providence Island), Grand Bahama Island, the Abacos, Andros, the Berry Islands, Bimini, Eleuthera, Harbour Island, Spanish Wells, the Exumas, and Stella Maris on Long
How can I call Bahamas for free?
Free calls to Bahamas
- Totally free to call for customers that have an inclusive call package.
- Call the Bahamas free – any time, any day.
- Simply dial 08700 477 477 + 001242 + the local number.
Where is Bahamas located?
About The Bahamas The Bahamas is a country in the northwestern West Indies, located 80 km (50 mi) south-east of the coast of Florida (USA) and north of Cuba. The Caribbean islands group consists of around 700 islands and islets, and more than 2,000 cays (coral reefs). Only about 30 islands are inhabited.
Which country code is 00242?
The Republic of the Congo country code 242 will allow you to call Republic of the Congo from another country. Republic of the Congo telephone code 242 is dialed after the IDD.
How do you call a US mobile from the Bahamas?
To call United States from Bahamas, dial: 1 – Area Code – Land Phone Number 011 – 1 – 10 Digit Mobile Number
- Bahamas and United States are part of the North American Numbering Plan (NANP).
- 1 – ISD Code or Country Code of United States.
- Area code – There are 291 area codes in United States.
What does 011 before a phone number mean?
011 = the international dialing country code to Canada. 1 = the international dialing country code to the U.S. 1 +area code + phone #. If the phone is automaticalling dialing 011 in front of all direct dialing phone numbers, you MUST find the international dialing on your phone as it is set for Canadian calling.
How do I find the country code for a phone number?
Android. How to detect a country code by the phone number
- Add listener to EditText.
- Add the library libphonenumber.
- Detect a country code by the phone number.
- Display country code if we can detect a country code.
What country code is 86?
Telephone numbers in China
|Country calling code||+86|
|International call prefix||00|