- 1 How do you get around Nassau without a car?
- 2 Is there public transportation in Nassau Bahamas?
- 3 Is there Uber in Nassau Bahamas?
- 4 Is it safe to walk in downtown Nassau?
- 5 What is the best way to get around Nassau Bahamas?
- 6 How many days do you need in Nassau?
- 7 What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
- 8 Is it safe to take a cab in Nassau?
- 9 Do you tip in Bahamas?
- 10 How much is a taxi from Nassau to Atlantis?
- 11 How much is taxi from Nassau airport to Paradise Island?
- 12 What is legal drinking age in Bahamas?
- 13 Can you walk from Atlantis to Nassau?
- 14 What is the cheapest month to go to Bahamas?
- 15 When should you not go to the Bahamas?
How do you get around Nassau without a car?
Your best bet is to stick with taxis, jitneys (local medium sized buses) and the ferry boats.
- Public Jitney. There are many jitney buses traveling around Nassau and into the suburban areas of Nassau.
- Paradise Island to Nassau and Back.
- Atlantis Casino Shuttles.
- Scooter Rentals.
- Horse Drawn Surrey.
Is there public transportation in Nassau Bahamas?
Transportation in Nassau: Jitney Bus For a convenient and inexpensive way to get around Nassau in the Bahamas, it’s hard to beat the local Jitney bus service. Jitneys cost a mere $1.00 each way, run frequently, and can take you all the way from one end of the island to the other.
Is there Uber in Nassau Bahamas?
No, Uber and Lyft do not operate in the Bahamas. You will find this to be the case in many “paradise” type locations and islands. It is not a great market location for rideshares (a lot of times people will just walk to where they need to go on the island). However, there ARE taxis that operate in the Bahamas.
Is it safe to walk in downtown Nassau?
WOMEN TRAVELERS RISK: LOW Nassau isn’t the safest destination for solo female travelers. Women have reported catcalls and sexual harassment while walking on the streets of this city. If you are a female solo traveler, you are advised to reject rides from strangers or taxi drivers who appear unlicensed.
What is the best way to get around Nassau Bahamas?
Getting Around Bahamas. The best way to get around the Bahamas is by car, whether that’s a rental or taxi. If you’re staying at a big resort and plan to remain on-site for the majority of your trip, then taking a taxi to off-site attractions is more cost effective than shelling out money for a rental.
How many days do you need in Nassau?
With three days in Nassau, you’ll have plenty of time to hit all the highlights, from colonial sites to beautiful Caribbean beaches, and still have time left over for a couple of island day trips.
What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
Eight rookie mistakes to avoid in the Bahamas
- TRAVELLING DURING HURRICANE SEASON IN THE BAHAMAS.
- RIDING IN UNMARKED TAXIS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- TAKING A CRUISE TO THE BAHAMAS.
- STICKING TO THE ATLANTIS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- EXPECTING PUNCTUALITY ON THE ISLAND.
- TRANSACTING WITH BEACH VENDORS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- WANDERING ALONE AT NIGHT IN THE BAHAMAS.
- SKIPPING THE GROCERY STORE.
Is it safe to take a cab in Nassau?
Whether you need to get to your hotel from the airport or want to explore Nassau, you should always avoid taxis that appear unlicensed. Your best bet: Ask the front door staff at your hotel or resort, or the restaurant or club you’re visiting, to arrange a licensed taxi for you.
Do you tip in Bahamas?
Tipping is customary in The Bahamas, and you should tip according to the quality of service you receive. Bellboys and porters usually receive $1 per bag, while most other servers (waiters, taxis, etc.) receive 15%.
How much is a taxi from Nassau to Atlantis?
The quickest way to get from Nassau Airport (NAS) to The Royal at Atlantis, Nassau is to taxi which costs $80 – $100 and takes 21 min. 3
How much is taxi from Nassau airport to Paradise Island?
From the Nassau airport taxi rates are approximately $32 to downtown Nassau, $22 to Cable Beach and $38 to Paradise Island —plus the bridge toll. Fares are based on two passengers; there is an additional charge for extra passengers and extra luggage.
What is legal drinking age in Bahamas?
The legal drinking age in The Bahamas is 18.
Can you walk from Atlantis to Nassau?
It’s about a 15-minute walk from the ferry dock or about 10 minutes from Atlantis. First, you ‘ll walk from the dock up to the road at the end of the Sydney Poitier Bridge (the bridge to Nassau ). From there, you ‘ll come to a light at Paradise Beach Drive.
What is the cheapest month to go to Bahamas?
High season is considered to be November and December. The cheapest month to fly to The Bahamas is August.
When should you not go to the Bahamas?
Hurricane season, from June 1 until Nov. 30, is a time many travelers avoid the Bahamas. Like in the United States, the months of August, September and October present the highest risk for hurricane activity.