- 1 Can you walk from Paradise Island to downtown Nassau?
- 2 How far is downtown Nassau from Atlantis?
- 3 Does Atlantis have a shuttle?
- 4 How much is a taxi from Nassau to Atlantis?
- 5 What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
- 6 Do you tip cab drivers in Bahamas?
- 7 Is it safe to walk in Nassau?
- 8 Has anyone died at Atlantis Bahamas?
- 9 How expensive is Atlantis?
- 10 Does Atlantis have free airport shuttle?
- 11 Is water in Nassau safe to drink?
- 12 Can you visit Atlantis for free?
- 13 Does Nassau have Uber?
Can you walk from Paradise Island to downtown Nassau?
Most visitors walk around Paradise Island’s most densely developed sections and hire a taxi for the occasional longer haul. The most popular way to reach nearby Nassau is to walk across the toll bridge. There is no charge for pedestrians.
How far is downtown Nassau from Atlantis?
Dear Karen L, Our resort is located approximately 10-15 minutes away from Downtown Nassau, depending on traffic and at least 15-20 minutes away from the Atlantis Resort.
Does Atlantis have a shuttle?
Does Atlantis offer shuttle service within the resorts? Complimentary Bus Shuttle Service operates between The Reef, The Cove, The Royal, Harborside Resort, The Coral, The Beach, Ocean Club and the Ocean Club Golf Course every 30 minutes.
How much is a taxi from Nassau to Atlantis?
The quickest way to get from Nassau Airport (NAS) to The Royal at Atlantis, Nassau is to taxi which costs $80 – $100 and takes 21 min. 3
What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
Eight rookie mistakes to avoid in the Bahamas
- TRAVELLING DURING HURRICANE SEASON IN THE BAHAMAS.
- RIDING IN UNMARKED TAXIS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- TAKING A CRUISE TO THE BAHAMAS.
- STICKING TO THE ATLANTIS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- EXPECTING PUNCTUALITY ON THE ISLAND.
- TRANSACTING WITH BEACH VENDORS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- WANDERING ALONE AT NIGHT IN THE BAHAMAS.
- SKIPPING THE GROCERY STORE.
Do you tip cab drivers in Bahamas?
In the Bahamas, service staff and hotel workers expect to be tipped. The usual tip for service from a taxi driver or waiter is 15% and $1–$2 a bag for porters. Most travelers leave $1 to $3 per day for their hotel maid, usually every morning since the maid may have a day off.
Is it safe to walk in Nassau?
Violent crime is extremely common in Nassau. The country is ridden with violent crime, and armed robberies, kidnappings, and murders are extremely common, usually not affecting tourists though violence towards foreigners has been on an increase during the past couple of years.
Has anyone died at Atlantis Bahamas?
The Aquaventure Water Park at Atlantis has several pools, water slides and a river ride. In August 2000, a 12-year-old boy died after he was sucked into a drain while snorkeling with his brother in the resort’s lagoon.
How expensive is Atlantis?
Royal Towers rooms start at $242 per night for a terrace-view room and go up to $5,219 per night for a two-bedroom royal suite. The Harborside Resort features residential-style villas, which average $284 per night for one bedroom. Premium two-bedroom villas start at $734 per night.
Does Atlantis have free airport shuttle?
We are conveniently located minutes from the Reno-Tahoe International Airport and offer complimentary airport shuttle for all hotel guests. The Atlantis shuttle runs from 4:30 am until 12:15 am. The shuttle departs the airport every 30 minutes, on the quarter hour, and can be found directly outside baggage claim.
Is water in Nassau safe to drink?
Drinking water is generally of good quality Drinking tap water in the Bahamas is generally of good quality and safety is considered to be well regulated.
Can you visit Atlantis for free?
True to the marine feel of the hotel, Atlantis Paradise Island ( atlantis.com) is home to not just one water slide, but an entire water park. Access is free for hotel guests, and open to the public for a fee.
Does Nassau have Uber?
No Uber service in the Bahamas.