- 1 Is there a ferry from Nassau to Abaco?
- 2 How do you get to Abaco Island Bahamas?
- 3 How far is Nassau from Abaco?
- 4 What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
- 5 How long is the boat ride from Nassau to Exuma?
- 6 How much does it cost to go from Nassau to Exuma?
- 7 Do you need a passport to go to Abaco Islands?
- 8 Are the Abaco Islands safe?
- 9 What airlines fly into Abaco?
- 10 How long does it take to get to the Bahamas from here?
- 11 How far is the Bahamas from Florida?
- 12 Is it safe to travel to Nassau?
- 13 Is Nassau dangerous at night?
- 14 What is the safest part of the Bahamas?
- 15 When should you not go to the Bahamas?
Is there a ferry from Nassau to Abaco?
Bahamas Ferries (tel. 242/323-2166; www.bahamasferries.com) operates a direct service from Nassau aboard the Sea Wind. A round-trip passage costs $125 for adults and $85 for children. The trip from Nassau to Sandy Point in the Abacos takes 1 hour and 50 minutes.
How do you get to Abaco Island Bahamas?
Notable airlines that offer flights to the Abacos, include American Airlines, Delta, United, JetBlue, Bahamas Air and Silver Airways. It’s possible to fly to Nassau instead, and then connect via a short flight or ferry service to Marsh Harbour International Airport.
How far is Nassau from Abaco?
Distance from North Abaco to Nassau is 192 kilometers. This air travel distance is equal to 119 miles. The air travel (bird fly) shortest distance between North Abaco and Nassau is 192 km= 119 miles.
What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
Eight rookie mistakes to avoid in the Bahamas
- TRAVELLING DURING HURRICANE SEASON IN THE BAHAMAS.
- RIDING IN UNMARKED TAXIS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- TAKING A CRUISE TO THE BAHAMAS.
- STICKING TO THE ATLANTIS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- EXPECTING PUNCTUALITY ON THE ISLAND.
- TRANSACTING WITH BEACH VENDORS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- WANDERING ALONE AT NIGHT IN THE BAHAMAS.
- SKIPPING THE GROCERY STORE.
How long is the boat ride from Nassau to Exuma?
It is one hour from Nassau by powerboat. Other Exuma locations (Staniel Cay / Georgetown) are three hours plus to visit due to the logistics of “island hopping” the Cays.
How much does it cost to go from Nassau to Exuma?
Q: What is the cost of your tickets to Exuma? A: The cost of the round trip travel to George Town, Exuma is $130 per adult and $91 per child (2 – 11 years) roundtrip, and $71 per adult and $48 per child (2 – 11 years) one-way.
Do you need a passport to go to Abaco Islands?
Do I need a passport to enter The Abacos? Yes, if you fly into The Bahamas, you are required to present an American passport to Bahaman officials.
Are the Abaco Islands safe?
The other islands (such as like Abacos, Andros, Eleuthera, Exumas – locally called Family Islands or Out Islands ) are generally safer than Nassau or New Providence, with little violent crime occurring.
What airlines fly into Abaco?
American Airlines, JetBlue & Silver Airways fly the most frequently from the United States to Abaco Islands.
How long does it take to get to the Bahamas from here?
3 hours, 37 minutes.
How far is the Bahamas from Florida?
The western islands of the Bahamas are only 50 miles from Florida’s east coast. With a bit of prep and planning, you can get there even in a modest-sized boat. Used to be, when cruising the Bahamas, you would mostly see cruising sailboats, trawlers, and large yachts.
Is it safe to travel to Nassau?
Do not travel to The Bahamas due to COVID-19. Exercise caution in some areas of The Bahamas due to crime. In Nassau, exercise caution in the “Over the Hill” area (south of Shirley Street). Violent crime, such as burglaries, armed robberies, and sexual assault occur, but generally not in tourist areas.
Is Nassau dangerous at night?
Visitors to New Providence Island should avoid “over the hill” neighborhoods south of downtown Nassau (south of Shirley Street), particularly at night. Criminal activity is much less common in the Out Islands but has included burglaries and thefts, particularly of boats and/or outboard motors.
What is the safest part of the Bahamas?
Safest Islands in the Bahamas
- The Berry Islands.
- Cat Island.
- Crooked Island.
- The Exumas.
- Harbour Island.
- Long Island.
- San Salvador.
When should you not go to the Bahamas?
Hurricane season, from June 1 until Nov. 30, is a time many travelers avoid the Bahamas. Like in the United States, the months of August, September and October present the highest risk for hurricane activity.