- 1 Where in Nassau does Carnival dock?
- 2 What is there to do at the cruise port in Nassau Bahamas?
- 3 Where do cruises dock in Bahamas?
- 4 How far is the beach from the cruise port in Nassau?
- 5 What can you do in Nassau for free?
- 6 Is there a free beach in Nassau?
- 7 What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
- 8 How dangerous is Nassau Bahamas?
- 9 What is the best shore excursion in Nassau Bahamas?
- 10 Is Nassau or Freeport Bahamas better?
- 11 Can you walk around Nassau Bahamas?
- 12 Are cruise ports open in the Bahamas?
- 13 What is the prettiest beach in the Bahamas?
- 14 Can you walk from Nassau to Paradise Island?
- 15 Can you visit Atlantis for free?
Where in Nassau does Carnival dock?
Cruise ships visiting Nassau dock at the Prince George Wharf within short walking distance of Bay Street and the downtown district. Passengers who are booked on excursions arranged by the cruise line will find providers staged in areas leading from the dock.
What is there to do at the cruise port in Nassau Bahamas?
26 Things to Do in Nassau, Bahamas While On a Cruise
- Explore Downtown. It’s always a good idea to set aside some little time to explore a port of call.
- Walk Queen’s Staircase.
- Tour Fort Fincastle.
- Visit the Historic Parliament Square.
- Pirate of Nassau Museum.
- Swim With Pigs.
- Public Library & Museum.
- Nassau Straw Market.
Where do cruises dock in Bahamas?
Where do the cruise ships dock in Nassau Bahamas? Cruise ships dock just outside of Nassau’s historic downtown at Prince George Wharf. Being the most visited port in the Bahamas and a popular destination for cruise ships is a very lively port.
How far is the beach from the cruise port in Nassau?
Cable Beach is located on the main-land (Providence Island) roughly six miles west of Nassau Cruise Port. From your terminal (Prince George’s Wharf) you can hop in a taxi and get there in 20 minutes.
What can you do in Nassau for free?
8 Free (or Cheap) Cruise Shore Excursions in Nassau, Bahamas
- Junkanoo Beach. As one of the few free beaches in Nassau that’s close to the cruise port, Junkanoo Beach can get crowded.
- Nassau Straw Market.
- Spray Fountains Outside Straw Market.
- Queen’s Staircase.
- Fort Fincastle.
- The Pirates of Nassau Museum.
- Ardastra Gardens and Zoo.
Is there a free beach in Nassau?
Cable Beach There’s a reason the resorts are there: Cable Beach is a breathtaking beach paradise and a great place to unwind and relax. Cable Beach is public beach, so you can access its 2.5 miles of white sand wonder free of charge.
What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
Eight rookie mistakes to avoid in the Bahamas
- TRAVELLING DURING HURRICANE SEASON IN THE BAHAMAS.
- RIDING IN UNMARKED TAXIS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- TAKING A CRUISE TO THE BAHAMAS.
- STICKING TO THE ATLANTIS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- EXPECTING PUNCTUALITY ON THE ISLAND.
- TRANSACTING WITH BEACH VENDORS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- WANDERING ALONE AT NIGHT IN THE BAHAMAS.
- SKIPPING THE GROCERY STORE.
How dangerous is Nassau Bahamas?
Is the Bahamas Dangerous? While safety has improved in the Bahamas, there is still violent crime, mainly in Nassau and the island of Grand Bahama, which includes the city of Freeport. Armed robberies, burglaries, sexual assault, and other violent crimes take place, along with purse snatchings.
What is the best shore excursion in Nassau Bahamas?
Find Things to Do in Nassau on Viator
- Atlantis Resort.
- Blue Lagoon Island Beach.
- Blue Lagoon Dolphin Swim.
- Balmoral Island & Sting Ray Experience.
- Ardastra Gardens.
- Glass Bottom Boat.
- Resort Day Pass.
Is Nassau or Freeport Bahamas better?
Freeport is smaller, quieter, safer, better beaches, smaller casinos, better snorkeling, better water and less shopping than Nassau.
Can you walk around Nassau Bahamas?
Nassau is compact and easy to see in a day, which is quite convenient considering many visitors (coming off cruise ships) only have that long to see it.
Are cruise ports open in the Bahamas?
While the slow-moving nature of Hurricane Dorian devastated Grand Bahama and Abaco, all ports have reopened and business is fully operational in Nassau – the second-most populated cruise destination in the Caribbean.
What is the prettiest beach in the Bahamas?
Gold Rock Beach, Grand Bahama The signature stretch of sand on on gorgeous Grand Bahama, this “welcome mat” of the island is one of the most beautiful beaches in all of the wider Caribbean, set on the edge of the Lucayan National Park.
Can you walk from Nassau to Paradise Island?
Most visitors walk around Paradise Island’s most densely developed sections and hire a taxi for the occasional longer haul. The most popular way to reach nearby Nassau is to walk across the toll bridge. There is no charge for pedestrians.
Can you visit Atlantis for free?
True to the marine feel of the hotel, Atlantis Paradise Island ( atlantis.com) is home to not just one water slide, but an entire water park. Access is free for hotel guests, and open to the public for a fee.